Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meal Plan Monday (well Tuesday)


So here are the first two weeks of January’s meal plan for our house.  The first one is set and all items are in the freezer or fridge.  The second week is tentative – but I want to start planning for it so that when I went shopping earlier today I could grab some on sale items for the following week.

* With many of these we will add either salad, veggies, or fruit on the side.
Week one:
Source: craftbeer.com via Laura on Pinterest

Monday – Homemade Buffalo Wings, Homemade Chix Nuggets (Panko, Parmesan Cheese, Tastefully Simple's Garlic Bread seasoning, and chicken pieces that were soaked overnight in milk), and Beer Soaked fries  (photo above) - over all this dinner was a success - only issue was timing everything so it was all hot, crispy, and cooked at the same time.
Tuesday – Pasta with Meat Sauce and Garlic Monkey Bread
Wednesday – Breakfast for dinner – Eggs to order with a ham steak
Thursday – Taco Night
Friday – Pizza Night
Saturday – I never know where we will be or who will be dining with us - So Surprise Night
Sunday   YOYO - (Your on Your Own)

Week Two:
Monday Chicken Spaghetti
Tuesday – Gymnastics night – so crock pot or freezer completed meal???
Wednesday – Breakfast for Dinner – French Toast
Thursday – Cheeseburgers with all the trimmings
Friday – Pizza Night
Saturday – I never know where we will be or who will be dining with us - So Surprise Night
Sunday – YOYO

What are you cooking this week?  Are you meal planning?  Making Freezer Meals? 

Question... I have been reading a bit about freezer meal groups – are you part of one? I am looking for any feedback good or bad.  I want to ask a few friends to swap with me – but I don’t know if it really is an expense savings – or just a fun ladies day / night???  Also, with my picky family - not sure if we would get food items they would all eat.  Any and all comments welcome.  TIA.

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment